Well Pharmacy, the UK’s largest independent chain, helps over 1.8 million people with their prescriptions each month.
But a lesser known fact is that this is just one element of the NHS services we provide to our local communities. Well Pharmacy is here to protect you and your family this winter, giving support through local restrictions and national lockdowns.
Coronavirus affects everyone and nothing matters more to us than the health and wellbeing of our patients and colleagues. Everyone needs to take care when they’re out and about and the changes we've made in our pharmacies mean you can visit your local community pharmacy in total confidence you are safe and in hands you can trust.
1. Did you know that many minor ailments such as skin conditions, ear infections, and stomach problems, can be treated quickly and safely in the pharmacy rather than going to your doctor?
2. Want to protect yourself and your family this winter? Well can give you your annual flu vaccine, and we also offer a private pneumonia vaccination service that offers long-term immunity to certain strains of pneumonia. Find out how we’re delivering these services in a Covid-secure way.
3. Did you know more than 14 million adults in the UK have high blood pressure? Your local Well Pharmacy can check your blood pressure for free and without an appointment. It’s quick, painless and could save your life. Our pharmacists can provide you with advice and support to reduce your blood pressure if a high reading is taken.
5. Worried about Christmas shopping and need inspiration for stocking fillers? 80% of Well’s Christmas Gifting range is £10 or under.Well has something for everyone as well as some fantastic offers. View our gifting range in-store or online.
6. Need to top up on your Covid-19 essential products? You can pop into your local Well Pharmacy to pick up essential health products including vitamin D, paracetamol, oximeters, digital thermometers, face coverings, hand sanitiser, handwash and much more. Available in-store and online.
7. Having problems with your sex life but too embarrassed to go to your family doctor? Well pharmacists can offer you a confidential consultation about sexual health concerns and can talk to you about the medications available to help you, such as Viagra Connect.
9. Not sure what your new medication is? Well pharmacists offer a free service to help you understand your new prescription medication, explaining how it works, the effect it is likely to have on your body, and how best to take it to get the most out of it.
10. Are you experiencing some problems taking your medication? Do you feel your prescription is not working like you thought it would? All Well pharmacies offer a free medicine check-up service to help you solve any issues you might be having. Our pharmacists can give you advice on how best to take your medicine and if you’re having any side effects help to minimise these.